If you would like to help financially support my work here in Mexico, please contact me, or make a secure donation via paypal! Thanks!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

...love in a bracelet...

when i first got here, I commented on how many colorful bracelets my roommate Lauren had crammed onto both of her wrists... she replied with something like "when the kids start making you bracelets, you know that they really love and accept you...."

i got my first bracelet on saturday! haha i was Stoked! i mean - i have a good time with the kids... and they've even been having a better time with saying my name lately... but this was a bracelet! This was the dropping of walls and accepting me with open arms! i may be over analyzing this a tad, but still - it was a pretty big event. :)



my internet has been pretty spotty all day, so it's taking forever - i will attempt to write more later!

2 comments:

Callous Comfort Driven Complexities said...

Yeah I mean I normally only give bracelets to people who mean a great deal to me too.

kwbrayton said...

A sweet reminder of what giving truly means. Keep this. You'll grow to treasure it as the years pass.

Ye Olde Man