If you would like to help financially support my work here in Mexico, please contact me, or make a secure donation via paypal! Thanks!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

...a day in the life...

Hi! So people ask quite often what a typical day looks like for me here at Door of Faith. And seeing as how there really are no "typical" days here, and how no 2 days here are ever the same, I thought I'd start keeping track of a few so you get the idea. :)

- MONDAY 3/16 -

* 6:30am - Woke up.
* 7:30am - Went down to the school room to pray with the kids before they left for school (we do this every Monday morning) only to realize that today was a National holiday and there was no school.
* 8:00am - Met the rest of the DOFO staff for coffee down at the kitchen.
* 8:30am - Left for the US with another volunteer, Kristy, to run some errands in San Diego.
* 11:00am-4:00pm - Finally made it across the border after a 1.5 hour line and between our states-side storage unit, multiple stores, banking and money exchanging, ran a BUNCH of errands.
* 5:15pm - Made it back to the orphanage in time to meet & greet a newly arrived group who is building a house for a family in our town.
* 5:30pm - had dinner with the kids (i miss them after not seeing them all day!)
* 6:30pm-8:00pm - Had some of the older boys over to play Guitar Hero at my house! (Which is AWESOME to watch!)

1 comment:

Valerie Geary said...

this is a great idea!!! I feel like I'm spying on you... muahahaha. Also I think you will appreciate the word verfication that I got: plermpad!!!! awesome!